The podcast by indie comics creators for indie comics creators talks audience!
Shawn and Nick share their experiences with trying to build online audiences for their comics. They discuss the following networks and directories (loosely) in this order:
- Tumblr (Shawn and Nick and Super Haters)
- deviantART (Shawn and Nick)
- Facebook (Explorers of the Unknown and Super Haters and Time Log)
- Twitter (Shawn and Nick and Workshop 13 and Super Haters)
- Belfry Webcomics (Explorers of the Unknown and Super Haters)
- TopWebComics.com (Explorers and Haters and Time Log)
- and uhhhh Drunk Duck used to be good
Shawn is looking for any audience that wants to have fun, and in particular he tries to make his stories click with new comics readers. Ideally, Nick wants a massive audience, but he really wants the fans of twisted humor to keep coming back again and again.
NEXT: Give us your suggestions!!! (Or don’t… but we’d prefer if you did.)